Kansas has been good to me and my memories growing up here are largely wonderful. But - now is the season for change.
Today was my last day working for Networks Plus. They've been a wonderful company to work for and I greatly appreciate all they've done for me. In five days John and I are driving across the country and moving into a condo in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'll be looking for a new place to work, and if I can find a company half as wonderful as the one I left, I'll consider myself very lucky!
In that respect, I thought I would use this time to reflect on the wonderful things about this state (and town) that I'm going to miss, and the (hopefully) wonderful things I have to look forward to.
- my fenced in backyard and quirky little house
- Kaw Valley Bike Club and the local rides I participated in and people I met (I wish I could have done more!)
- The Burger Stand
- Spot, our adopted stray kitty
- Walking to Schlotzsky's for lunch
- the Shunga Trail
- the Topeka Farmers Market
- Boulevard Beer - someone PLEASE tell me that it's available in North Carolina.
- bike riding with Joe and Staci and my sister, Ashley
- my friends and former co-workers at WIBW - I know I lost touch the past couple of years, but you were all a joy to work with!
- trips to the Legends in Kansas City
- my cycling route to and from work - it took me a few weeks to get the "perfect" route nailed down, and now I'll have to start from scratch!
- John's family - his mother, father, sister, brothers, in-laws, nieces, and nephews, step-dad, cousins, and everyone else! They've been so welcoming of me and treated me like one of their own. I've really appreciated getting to know each of them.
- my friends and (now) former co-workers at Networks Plus. I've enjoyed working with each of you, and I appreciate you humoring my lack of technical expertise and working with me until I caught on!
And most importantly, my family. My aunts, uncles, cousins, brother-in-law, nieces, and nephews. I love you all so, so much! My grandpa Roberts and my Abuelo and Abuela - I hope you know how much I treasure you. And finally, my beautiful mother, and my sisters - Christy, Ashley, and Lindsay. You all are so dear to my heart and I want only the best things in the world for each of you. We've made some amazing memories together that I'll cherish always. I know we'll be in touch often, but I love you all!
Maybe it's a little melodramatic, but this is the farthest away from Kansas I've ever been. Even though I plan to visit often, this feels like a big goodbye!
I have so much to look forward to out in Raleigh. New adventures with John and our hyper-active dog Bosco, trips to the beach, new bike paths to explore, and spending time with my best friend Ashley and her husband Eric. I plan to keep cycling and keep this blog going, but updates may be sporadic until I get my feet firmly planted. Thank you to everyone who's been reading, commenting, and encouraging me. You've all been wonderful!